The first step toward this end is to identify a specific criminal behavior for which you will develop a prevention program. The first chapter of the textbook describes a variety of criminal behavior problems, such as status crimes, juvenile offenders, and drug abuse.
Once you select the criminal behavior, you should do a to ensure that you will have ready access to scholarly resources.
Create a 2- to your selected criminal behavior. You must consider the following when creating your paper:
- Describe the criminal behavior in detail, including any research you have found on the origins or development of this behavior (in approximately 1 page).
- Discuss the you want to address in the problem (in approximately 1 paragraph).
- Describe the specific group you want to focus on from among those affected by the criminal problem, i.e., juveniles, women, etc.
- Describe the possible prevention and intervention ideas (in approximately 1 page).
- Discuss research support for the effectiveness of your proposed prevention or intervention ideas (in approximately 23 paragraphs).
For example, suppose you pick juvenile sex offenders and want to develop a prevention program for . Specifically, you want to target risk factors associated with that population.
Support your assumptions by citing reputable source material used for this assignment in APA format.