For this assignment, you will write an outline before you write your paper. Use the outline as an organizational tool to help you arrange your thoughts logically. Construct your outline after you have selected your topic and done your initial research.
Resource: Writing Wizard at the Center for Writing Excellence
Outline your paper using the Thesis Generator at the Center for Writing Excellence; a link is available on the student website. Your outline does not need to have complete sentences, punctuation, or paragraphs.
- Include some ideas for the following items in your outline:
- Thesis statement
- Itemized supportive arguments
- Conclusion statement
- Submit a screen shot of your Thesis Generator result.
- Use the outline as a basic template to organize your ideas and develop this essay.
Write a 700- to 1400-word essay exploring various schools of thought from India, China, or Japan. Select one school of thought each from China, Japan, and India, and identify a prominent thinker from each.
- Describe each school of thought, setting forth the major principles of each school.
- Describe your selected thinker’s philosophies as applicable to his/her school of thought.
- Compare each school to the others from the region.
- Discuss which school of thought more closely aligns with your own world view and why.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.