Assignment 1: and Global Leadership Process Model
There are many ways of thinking about leadership in the global context. Leadership models and theories highlight different ways of looking at leadership and leadership development. The models presented in this module represent a few of the currently popular models. While all the models have validity in some circumstances, not all work equally well everywhere. As you consider the specific challenges of leading across cultures, consider how the theoretical and process models complement or conflict with each other.
Using the University online library resources and the Internet, research theoretical and process leadership models. Be sure to select some sources from other cultural perspectives.
Respond to the following:
- Select one global leadership model and one process model. Compare and contrast their strengths and weaknesses.
- Write a brief summative response about the models presented. Assuming a global focus, explain which you think has greatest utility for you in your organization (or industry) and why. Support your conclusions with evidence.
Write your initial response in 300500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail; include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style; and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
ByWednesday, March 23, 2016, post your response to the appropriateDiscussion Area.
Assignment 2: Exploring GLD ModelsTheoretical and
For this assignment, you are to conduct a literature review of GLD models and apply them to a specific organizational context of your choice in order to test their applicability. Follow the directions below to choose an organization and write a 5-pages report regarding your GLD model analysis.
Using the University online library resources and the Internet for research, select five (5) scholarly resources, different from the module readings, for use in this assignment.
Part 1: Pre-Work: Identify an Organization
As a basis for this assignment, you need to select a multinational organization. The organization should be in an industry with which you are familiar, or an industry in which you would like to work. It can be a current or a past employer, a company in your community, or an organization of interest to you. The chosen organization should be one that is already working across cultural contexts and has a to warrant a global leader development program in their company (at least 1,000 employees). You will use the same organization as the focus for your final LASA assignment inModule 7. Be sure to submit the organization for instructor approval before moving forward with your assignment.
The strategies explored in this assignment are applicable to smaller organizations and to domestic diversity contexts; however, the focus for these course activities is on multinational organizations. For this assignment and theModule 7LASA, you will assume that the selected organization is willing to allocate some level of funding for this purpose and that they have an interest in global success. In other words, you can assume reasonable funding support, but you also need to be realistic in terms of organizational capacity and efficiency.
Review the assignment directions for this and the LASA assignment before selecting your organization. This will ensure that your chosen organization will allow you to complete all aspects of both assignments successfully. The assignment directions are provided on the Required Assignment and LASA Overview pageinModule 1.
Part 2: Paper
After you have identified your organization, complete the following:
- Assess the latest concepts related to global leader competencies needed in a multicultural organization.
- Compare and contrast two different GL models of your choice from those presented in the readings and your own research. Research these models further using the original research and/or other reviews of the theories. Pay particular attention to the merits or disadvantages of each. Explain each models strengths and weaknesses.
- Describe briefly the organization you selected, its scope, and context. Outline the GLD models that might be a good fit for your identified organization or the ones that might be the most useful in a GLD process. Include what global factors might affect the way the company is led. Consider the leadership needs of the organization based on the context in which they work.
- Explain why the instruments you selected are best suited to that context.
- Discuss any ethical implications regarding the use of the instrument(s).
Your final product will be a Microsoft Word document of approximately 5 pages. You should utilize at least five (5) scholarly sources beyond the assigned readings in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.