The Modernist movement and the Harlem Renaissance both emerged in the . Both of these movements fundamentally changed American literature, but they were very different in their goals, methods, and styles and in the communities they served. In some cases, they were influenced by the same social trends; in other cases they were writing in response to very different trends and experiences.
Createa 12- to 16-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that sorts out those two complex movements.
Addressthe following in your presentation:
- Identify the major authors and works of the Modernist movement.
- Identify the major authors and works of the Harlem Renaissance.
- Describe how the Modernist movement affected American literature and culture.
- Describe how the Harlem Renaissance affected American literature and culture.
- Analyze which political, economic, technological, and these movements.
- Explain how each of the movements was new.
- Analyze how these two movements related to one another. As you address this final point, you might consider the following questions:
- Were these movements completely distinct and independent of each other? Or did they both respond to similar social forces?
- Is the a subset of Modernism?
- Is Modernism a rejection of the social focus of the Harlem Renaissance?
Integratephotos, illustrations, or multimedia according to your own creative ideas. Document the source of each media item you include.
Formatyour presentation as directed by your instructor. Include citations in the speaker notes or in a separate reference or .
Deliveryour presentation, and submit your presentation file or link to the .