Statistical Analyses Paper
Research in the University Library for a peer-reviewed research article related to human services that uses inferential statistical analysis. For example, you might search social work and quantitative research or peer counseling and quantitative research. Be sure that your results include statistics using inferential analysis.
- Write a 500 to 700 word paper discussing statistical analyses used in the selected study. Include the following in your paper:
- Summarize in 100 to 150 words what the research study discussed in the article is about. Make sure to cite the article using APA format.
- Discuss the statistical analyses in the article.
- Does the article incorporate graphs or tables that facilitate understanding of the data?
- What descriptive statistics were used in the study? Are the descriptive statistical analyses appropriate for the subject?
- Identify the inferential statistics used, and comment on whether the analyses support the research problem or hypothesis. (For example, do they support the conclusions reached by the author or authors? Are the statistics misleading or biased?)
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines and include a title page and a reference page (no abstract is necessary).