Allocate at least 2 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Observe and collaborate with a school specialist (e.g., behavior specialist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, or speech pathologist) about and his or her role in the process of evaluating individuals with and without disabilities.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Understanding Specialized Assessments case study
Just from $13/Page
During your observations, make note of the following:
- The between nonbiased formal and informal specialized diagnostic assessments that are administered to individuals with disabilities.
- Examples of nonbiased formal and informal specialized diagnostic assessments that are administered to the students being evaluated, including any legal and ethical requirements.
- How the school specialist interprets information from a nonbiased formal and informal specialized diagnostic assessment.
- How the assessment information is used in making eligibility, program, and placement decisions for students.
- Strategies in communicating specialized assessment results to various stakeholders, including parents and students.
- For students that are eligible for , how the assessment results could or modifications listed in the IEP related to the classroom environment, instruction, and assessments or testing conditions.
- Strategies for advocating and mentoring staff and students for such accommodations or modifications.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your observations and explain how you will use your findings in your .